Thread: I get logged out of forum

Beans

I get logged out of forum

I can login, I see Welcome, maketopsite ... in the top right corner but I get logged out of forum when I refresh web page or open forum link in a new tab or click some forum link.

Latest Firefox 64 bit downloaded from mozilla website. Private mode. It doesn't happen in Palemoon.
    Any idea please ?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: I get logged out of forum

Quote Originally Posted by maketopsite View Post
    Any idea please ?
    Yep.

If your public IP address changes, you usually get logged out of the forum. Check your IP address periodically to see if changes coincide with being logged out.

And/or

Do you have any browser addons that interfere with cookies? That's a sure fire way of interfering with logged in status. Also, I see you are using private mode. Since - I believe - that only blocks third-party cookies it shouldn't interfere and I don't recall anyone complaining before about this issues with private mode, but if all else fails, something to think about.
    Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Yep.

If your public IP address changes, you usually get logged out of the forum. Check your IP address periodically to see if changes coincide with being logged out.

And/or

Do you have any browser addons that interfere with cookies? That's a sure fire way of interfering with logged in status. Also, I see you are using private mode. Since - I believe - that only blocks third-party cookies it shouldn't interfere and I don't recall anyone complaining before about this issues with private mode, but if all else fails, something to think about.
    Thank you.

No browser addons that interfere with cookies.

The problem did not happen anymore.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Yep.

And/or

Happened again with Palemoon in private mode. No change in IP address.

So I've clicked on
    Login with SSO

Personal Data Request
    has appeared

I've clicked on
    Yes, log me in

And I logged in without need for typing login name and password.