Thread: Spam / Phishing Private Messages on Ubuntu Forums

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Spam / Phishing Private Messages on Ubuntu Forums

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right section for posting about Ubuntu Forum Security. But anyway, I just wanted to highlight that I got a spam / phishing private message by some user asking me to buy gold from his country and sell it in mine and so on and so forth. I read the message preview on my email. I did not open the private message on the Ubuntu Forums, instead just deleted it. I thought there would be a mark as spam option but there wasn't, or I couldn't find it, so I just deleted it.

Beans

Re: Spam / Phishing Private Messages on Ubuntu Forums

Thread moved to the "Forum Feedback & Help" for a better fit.

This is not a security question but rather a question of how you set your account up, you have several options on what private messages you recieve and the notifications thereof. Click on the settings link top right of the page and have a browse around.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Spam / Phishing Private Messages on Ubuntu Forums

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    Thread moved to the "Forum Feedback & Help" for a better fit.

This is not a security question but rather a question of how you set your account up, you have several options on what private messages you recieve and the notifications thereof. Click on the settings link top right of the page and have a browse around.
    Thanks for the tip, I've disabled private messages altogether.