Thread: Thunderbird won't open on Inbox

Beans

Thunderbird won't open on Inbox

I uninstalled & reinstalled Ubuntu 18.04 yesterday. Now Thunderbird won't display the inbox. I have seen a post under General Help from 2018 about this problem and the suggested solution was to install the manually-sort-folders add on. I have installed this add-on but I fail to see how this helps if the inbox is already first on the list of folders.

When I attempt to start Thunderbird from a terminal this is what I see:
    barry@barry-desktop:~$thunderbird
    1562964112219 addons.xpi WARN Can'tget modified time of/usr/lib/thunderbird/features/wetransfer@extensions.thunderbird.net
    JavaScript error:chrome://messenger/content/folderDisplay.js, line 498: SyntaxError:JSON.parse: unterminated string at line 1 column 197 of the JSON data

Does this mean anything to anybody?

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Thunderbird won't open on Inbox

Not really.

Thunderbird always opens to the folder last selected when closing it. If you close it with the Inbox selected, it will open with the Inbox selected.

Beans

I have uninstalled - reinstalled Thunderbird, and this has resolved the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by Olivares View Post
    I have uninstalled - reinstalled Thunderbird, and this has resolved the problem.
    What version of Thunderbird?

So if you select an email accounts Draft folder, quit Thunderbird, it opens to the Inbox on he next startup?

Lucky you